If you would like to secure your original image URLs, in order to be non-accessible for the users and to prevent them from removing the URL query parameters, you could use the URL sealing feature.
Alternatively, you can combine "an alias + a rule" that points to a preset.
- Create an Alias that hides the original image URL.
- Define a Preset that contains all the query parameters you want to hide
- Define a Rule to capture some common symbol (or pattern) that occurs in each image URL (for example "/"). The value of the rule should be the above mentioned Preset.
With this approach, the resulting image URLs will have:
- hidden original URL behind an Alias;
- watermark (or any other query parameter) applied thankfully to the Preset
- the Preset will be invisible in the image URL because it is applied through a Rule
For example - please note that the image contains a watermark:
If a user tries to remove the watermark, by appending the query parameter wat=0, the command will not work and the watermark would remain:
If you have any questions or need additional clarification on the proposed solution, feel free to contact our Support team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.